Tulsa Separation Attorney

In Oklahoma, a separation or separation decree is where the right to cohabitation has ended, but the man and woman are still legally married. At this point, the couple is considered married and the status is not altered.

An action for legal separation may be brought in the county in which either party is a resident at the time of the filing of the petition. The wife or husband may obtain alimony from the other without a divorce, in an action brought for a separation, for any of the causes for which a divorce may be granted.

If you are in need of a legal opinion from a Tulsa Separation Attorney, feel free to contact Ms. Schmook for a free consultation.